About - Craig S. Gordon, M.D.
CRAIG S. GORDON, M.D.,
Dr. Gordon brings extensive experience and qualfications to HGA - a team of premier Gastroenterologists in Houston.
He received his Medical Degree from the Boston University School of Medicine & completed a Gastroenterology Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
He is Board-certified in gastroenterology and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Gordon has been in private practice since 1979.He founded Houston Gastroenterology Associates with Dr. Spencer Li in 1996 and the two have been working together since.
Following his residency training in Internal Medicine at Wilmington Medical Center in Wilmington, Delaware, he completed his Gastroenterology Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine in 1979.
Dr. Gordon is Board-Certified in both Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Call now for an appointment.
Boards Served On
- Chief of Staff at Saint Joseph Hospital in Houston.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine &University of Texas School of Medicine.
- Teaching Faculty at St. Joseph Hospital.
- Board of Directors of several medical and hospital organizations .
He is currently on the staff of Memorial Hermann Memorial City hospital in Houston and Christus St. Catherine hospital in Katy, Texas.
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
He has received the honor of "Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology" and "Fellow of the American College of Physicians" by these organizations.
Honors & Awards
During his medical career, Dr. Gordon has received numerous awards for outstanding teaching, including the following:
- Outstanding Contributions to the Medical Teaching Service, St. Joseph Hospital (1980, 1981, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1992, 1995, 2000).
- Outstanding Contributions to the General Surgery Education Program, St. Joseph Hospital (1984).
- American Medical Association, Physician Recognition Award (1996-1999).
- He is listed in the Consumers’ Research Council of America, “Guide to America’s Top Physicians”.
Dr. Gordon and his wife Patricia are the proud parents of two daughters. His passions are travel and golf (which may need considerable improvement).
Why should you choose an ASGE member physician for your endoscopic procedure?