About - Dr. Spencer C.Y. Li
SPENCER CHUN-YUEH LI,
Dr. Spencer Li brings extensive experience and qualifications to HGA - a team of premier Gastroenterologists in Houston.
He received his Medical Degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch and completed a Fellowship in
Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Pancreatology at Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
Dr. Li has been in private practice as a part of Houston Gastroenterology Associates for more than a decade.
Following his Residency in Internal Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine from 1987-1990, he completed his Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pancreatology Fellowship at Saint Louis University School of Medicine from 1990-1993.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Biochemistry with Sigma Cum Laude honors from The University of Texas at Austin in 1983. Call Dr. Li now for an appointment.
- Asian American Doctors Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
Honors & Awards
- 2011 Houston Top Doctor in Houston Texas, Houston Premier Lifestyle Magazine
- 2011 Houston Best Physician in Health and Fitness Sport Magazine Doctor's Choice
- Alpha Omega Alpha (Medical Honor Society)
- American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award (2001-2004).
- Outstanding Contributions to Medical Teaching Service, St. Joseph Hospital (1996-1997).
- Glaxo Fellows’ Award for Outstanding Research (1992).
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Organization (1987-present).
- High Honor Graduate from The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1987).
- National Dean’s List (1984-1985).
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities (1980-1982) .
He has made almost a dozen presentations at major medical meetings and been published nationally. In addition to English, Dr. Li is fluent in Taiwanese and Mandarin-Chinese.
Dr. Li is married with two lovely children, and his hobbies are now revolving completely around his family.
Why should you choose an ASGE member physician for your endoscopic procedure?